SUPPORT & SELF-CARE
Know that you are not alone
- Download FGTA's COPING KIT
- Contact the support group PARENTS FOREVER
- Call 1-800-663-1441 for BC Alcohol & Drug Information and Referral Service
- Locate nearby services covered by MSP at Health Links BC
- Drugs, Brains, and Behavior: The Science of Addiction
- The Science Behind Drug Abuse Resources for Teens
- Easy to Read Drug Facts
- Search for publications from the National Institute on Drug Abuse
NALOXONE is a medication that reverses the effects of an overdose from opioids (e.g., heroin and fentanyl).
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Overdose Prevention Training
- Get your NALOXONE kit
Find out more about
BC's Take Home NALOXONE Kits
OUR VIEWS . . .
Addiction is a health, not a criminal justice issue.
Treatment for addiction should be provided by the public health system.
Many people struggling with addiction also have a co-occurring mental illness.
We need a seamless continuum of care that includes early intervention, treatment, post-treat support and community reintegration.
Addiction can have devastating impact on family members
Families should be part of the treatment and recovery planning processes.
Treating addiction and concurrent disorders is cost effective.